I completed day two of my 4-week 5K training program. Oh my god. I have not run since the Army 10 Miler, which was way back on October 4...Holy crap was last night hard. I was supposed to go 2 miles at an 11:05 pace...which I did on my treadmill because I was also testing out some new shoes and did not want to much them up in the street in case they need to go back. But that's for another post.
So, I took I think 3 breaks for water because it was so stinking hot in my treadmill room. I need to either wear the water or rig a water bottle holder on the bar of the thing...we'll see. But who cares? I did it! I did not wear my heart rate monitor and probably won't for a couple of weeks till I'm back into the swing of things...
I hope Thursdays run workout is a tad easier. Nothing on the schedule for tonight, other than optional cross training. However the fall sports awards banquet is at the school, so I will be doing that instead of spinning. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment