...in town, training, and to blogging, of course.
We got back from our fantastic Caribbean cruise vacation for my cousin's wedding on Thursday evening. We were lucky to get an early flight and shorter layover which put us in the DC area 3+ hours ahead of schedule. Whew! That made getting up for work on Friday easier. Once I download some pictures I will post them...
As for training...I did not train once while away. Outside of my 3+ mile walk in Grand Cayman and my woodsy hike in the mountains of Jamaica of course. I guess I consider that additional rest for my left ankle, which I keep annoying. I may have to break down and see someone about it.
Anyway, over the weekend I was scheduled for a 20 mile run on Saturday for the 2/15 marathon, followed by 2 hours of riding on Sunday. Since I had not been running in the past week I ran 15 miles solo on Saturday. It went very well. I nailed my nutrition, I think. I felt pretty good the next day, and went for another 5 miles with Jeff. This was a bit harder - my ankle was a teeny bit sore and I unfortunately stepped in a little pothole and stumbled. That hurt...ARGH!!! Anyway, I feel basically fine today with very little ankle soreness. *fingers crossed* I need to walk very carefully it seems. My everyday shoes do not seem to be helping my ankle, either. I need to find something else...
Saturday was supposed to be the last long run as this coming Saturday is the start of the taper. I might seriously try to go 20 on Saturday...just so I get that full 20 in...I will see how things go. Then come marathon day I will plan to do the entire course (3 loops of varying distance); if I must I will drop out after the second loop for my first DNF... but if I take it nice and slow and work the nutrition ANYthing is possible. :-) I just need to finish while maintaining my balance and sparkle!
Tonight is 'off' per the training schedule. Tomorrow morning is swimming followed by a 30 minute run tomorrow night...Wednesday is speed work at the track. I however need to go to the high school for my older son's wrestling match. It is 'senior night' and he is a senior. Want to catch this event! I think I will do speed work on Thursday and pick up biking (again) over the weekend starting on Sunday then hopefully next week I can begin the weekly Thursday night bike sessions either at home or with TeamZ. That is the plan anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment