Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I almost forgot...

I almost forgot to write about the Army 10-Miler, that is! While I did not reach my forever goal of 1:30, I had a pretty good run overall. I think the heat got to me in the last few miles, but it was a beautiful day! It is possible I wasted some energy dodging peeps at the beginning, too, but that is OK. I basically ran the entire 10 miles - only walked the water stops. I felt good the whole time, too, for the most part. As I just said, the heat did get to me, but I did not feel sick, I only slowed some. It was pretty crowded as I mentioned - it too over 20 minutes to cross the start line - see the comparison between the gun time and my chip time: 1:59:09 / 1:38:05. Isn't that nutty? I guess that walk made for a nice little warm up. :-) Before the start I was able to meet up with a bunch of folks from TeamZ, which was nice, so I had some company before hand. I found them again afterwards, too. Many of them were heading out for brunch after but I had a prior engagement to attend to...

Then, this past weekend I attended an Evolution Running clinic as I am hoping to learn to run quicker. I feel like I have a long way to go, but I vow to keep working on it. I need to adjust my cadence and the way I run. Last night I ran with the metronome again - I set it for 2 beats below optimal, which I find I can maintain. I am going to use this setting for a week and then adjust up one. I also tried off and on to concentrate of my foot placement and the use of my legs. I need to review the DVD again this weekend, I think. Tonight I hope to go to the track to use the metronome and work on my foot placement, etc.

No comments: